wifi extender or something else ?

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i need little help what would be best solution for my friend house ,to get wifi signal trough his house ,house is box shape 5 floors +attic (2 apartments on each floor +1 attic 11 total ) walls are concrete and blocks concrete fat walls ,in the middle of house there are stairs for each floor ..
what would be best solution:
wifi extenders
wifi asus routers
powerline adapters (same electric circuit all house )
or something else
thx !!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i need little help what would be best solution for my friend house ,to get wifi signal trough his house ,house is box shape 5 floors +attic (2 apartments on each floor +1 attic 11 total ) walls are concrete and blocks concrete fat walls ,in the middle of house there are stairs for each floor ..
what would be best solution:
wifi extenders
wifi asus routers
powerline adapters (same electric circuit all house )
or something else
thx !!
If this is for cameras forget it...
If this is for general wifi use, check out the consumer grade mesh networks...

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
big thx fenderman ..cameras 5231 bullets will l be outside all of them and nvr5216 -16p inside ..
it is for general wifi use ,so the guests can have wifi .. ill look into consumer grade mesh networks ,big thx again ;)

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did little research and if im getting this right ,would this be good solution ; bottom floor ,isp router modem combo,put it in bridge mode with asus router (do i need to turn of wifi on asus?)then put ,for start 4 netgear orbi units on each floor .Does just 1st orbi need to be connected with wire to asus or all of them need wired connection?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did little research and if im getting this right ,would this be good solution ; bottom floor ,isp router modem combo,put it in bridge mode with asus router (do i need to turn of wifi on asus?)then put ,for start 4 netgear orbi units on each floor .Does just 1st orbi need to be connected with wire to asus or all of them need wired connection?
You dont need the asus router...the orbi acts as a router...you likely dont need one on each floor..start with two or 3....