Why PFA130-E has top and bottom marked inside?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes highly recommend the PFA 122 (3 hole) HERE
and PFA 121 (4 hole) HERE as they feature interchangeable faceplates that make it easy to mount the cam to the plate on the ground then quickly switch out at location. Always have a number of these on hand, work great on the 3 hole Dahua & Hikvision cams

Just to confirm, the 5849 (Color4K-X) 3 hole would work fine with the 3 hole PFA122?

Also, can the junction box be mounted horizontally? That was always my plan in the spot I have, but I can alter that location if mounting it horizontally would invite water ingress etc.
[/QUOTE]

YES Color4K does use 3 hole PFA122 without issue (have 1 mounted that way now). YES you can mount the 121/122 horizontally if you wish

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The one on the pole needs the cable anchored to the pole before it starts it's horizontal, free span, run. Alternately, a steel messenger cable could be used to take the strain off the ethernet cable.

Last edited:

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone know the correct gland size to buy for the 130-E?

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Amazon is showing far more variety in the PG-n sizing than the Gn/n sizes. Is there a conversion or are the threads totally different? I know the NPT threads won't fit, but will something like the PG-11 in place of the G3/4?

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Amazon is showing far more variety in the PG-n sizing than the Gn/n sizes. Is there a conversion or are the threads totally different? I know the NPT threads won't fit, but will something like the PG-11 in place of the G3/4?
I was able to find the G3/4 cable glands easily on Amazon. @samplenhold offers his own solution with the PG sizes. There are other threads around, as well.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
G is also known as BSP specifically BSPP - second P is parallel.
BSPP 3/4" will fit as well as a G3/4"

NPT3/4" is slightly different on the thread pitch enough that you can get away with it but are advised not to.
It's NPT male into BSP female or the other way around, I can't remember but it sucks without a ton of PTFE or a big wrench, vice versa.

PG-11 is metric so dont mix it.