Why no trigger event for this blatant motion?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You're more ambitious than I am. I'd use a power plane and a sander!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Got birdhouse and SD4 ptz set with new vertical tripwires and intrusion boxes. The dang 5442 still triggers on cats & dogs. I hope that SD3.0 comes out soon. I have to upgrade the ptz firmware that is, I believe, available cause it sets off alerts on motion triggers when I don't have motion checked, only IVS.
Gots invigorated to get flattening my Roubo workbench table top with hand planes last night. 4 hours but result is good. Now for the 2nd flat top.
I have a combo of things that need to get done at same time. Camera security and workbench so I have room in my garage.
View attachment 88067
Make sure you have the motion zone cleared out, in the camera gui, making changes in BI to a cam tends to re-enable the motion detection on the cams.
1619636201086.png

Reaction score
Make sure you have the motion zone cleared out, in the camera gui, making changes in BI to a cam tends to re-enable the motion detection on the cams.
View attachment 88073
dang it... my Windows Remote Desktop is unable to connect to my Blue Iris machine. I think I'll be swapping over to Chrome Remote Desktop as that seems to work really easily although I believe it relies on the cloud instead of local.

GeoffColl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
dang it... my Windows Remote Desktop is unable to connect to my Blue Iris machine. I think I'll be swapping over to Chrome Remote Desktop as that seems to work really easily although I believe it relies on the cloud instead of local.
I have that issue on a few of my PCs that I look into from a central laptop. It's usually because I can't remember the password for the local PC, or it was on a different network SSD! I "solved" it by installing and using AnyDesk, and also installing an imesh system.......

kbgator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey @looney2ns - is this why I might be having problems!? Questions:

1. I'm trying to use Dahua IVS only, so I disable the Motion option. I'll come back a day later and it is Enabled again! So the IVS Triggers won't matter, since it's catching ALL motion?
2. Do I need to clear the Zone Area as you've shown in your picture? AND click Disable Motion?
3. Do I have to check the camera GUIs every time I change a camera setting in Blue Iris?

View attachment 88073

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some people have had an issue where if they make a change to the BI camera settings and that it turns motion on in the camera. Make all BI changes first and then go back into the camera using Internet Explorer and make the changes you want in the actual camera settings and see if that holds then.

Last edited:

GeoffColl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Some people have had an issue where if they make a change to the camera in BI that it turns motion on in the camera. Make all changes in BI and then go back into the camera using Internet Explorer and see if that holds then.
Seems best all-round to do most changes in the camera? - that's when they should save, though....!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I meant all changes that would be done within BI first - like turn off BI motion detection and set up to pull ONVIF triggers first and any alert settings, etc. THEN go into the camera and do the settings that should be done in the camera.

BI is not intended to make changes to camera settings, thus why we make all the camera changes within the camera, but then we get an event like this that is somehow changing the camera setting, so in this event we do not want to open the camera settings in BI AFTER we made the changes to the camera.

It doesn't mean it won't still happen, but pulling up the BI camera settings and hitting save or refresh camera could send an accidental command to the camera.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey @looney2ns - is this why I might be having problems!? Questions:

1. I'm trying to use Dahua IVS only, so I disable the Motion option. I'll come back a day later and it is Enabled again! So the IVS Triggers won't matter, since it's catching ALL motion?
2. Do I need to clear the Zone Area as you've shown in your picture? AND click Disable Motion?
3. Do I have to check the camera GUIs every time I change a camera setting in Blue Iris?
Perform #2, and you'll not have to worry about it any longer. No need to complicate the process. If you clear zone area it won't matter if the Motion get's enabled again.

kbgator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Perform #2, and you'll not have to worry about it any longer. No need to complicate the process. If you clear zone area it won't matter if the Motion get's enabled again.
So obvious that I feel stupid. Thank you.