Why is this happening

cage123au

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm at a bit of a loss to understand what is happening here. Currently I have a Hikvision NVR that has 3 x CCTV attached to it.

I am on a Mac computer running latest update of OS Ventura and using Firefox Browser with latest update - 107.0.1.

If I open up the NVR in one tab and then the CCTV in another tab, why is one asking for a plug in and not showing an image, but the other isn't and seems to work fine. Should it not be either no images or both being shown. I do not understand why one is and one isn't.

I didn't think you needed plug in's anymore.

CCTV.png

NVR.png

Thanks
Mike

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh plug-ins are still needed in many cases, not only older cameras, but even a brand new model. I bought a camera that literally just came out and it needed a plug-in.

cage123au

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oh plug-ins are still needed in many cases, not only older cameras, but even a brand new model. I bought a camera that literally just came out and it needed a plug-in.
OK, good to know, so where does one ocat ethe plugin for a Mac, the download plugin option that comes up is only for a .exe file which is Windows. Any thoughts??

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I do not understand why one is and one isn't.
Presumably the different capabilities of the firmware on the NVR and the cameras.
What's the camera model, and what's the firmware version on it?
There may be a firmware update available that removes the need for a plugin.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK, good to know, so where does one ocat ethe plugin for a Mac, the download plugin option that comes up is only for a .exe file which is Windows. Any thoughts??
Technically you should be using IVMS, but to let you know, I have to use chrome on a linux machine because firefox doesn't work correctly either.