Why is BI not moving clips properly?! I've had this problem for a long time with several installations.

BrownChiLD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Every now and then I get an issue with BI installs, where BI is not recording anymore, and upon checking, it's because the disk is full, usually it's the disk for NEW clips....
I have checked everything and there's no other reason for the drive filling up except for BI clips... It's always that some very old clips are not transferred despite meeting the thresholds I've set.. and I have to manually MOVE these files into the Storage (archives) drive myself.

The usually threshold for the NEW files is similar to the following;

NEW CLIPS in C:/ , max 100GB (even if there's still 130GB or so FREE SPACE on drive C)
- no time/age limit on files....

I made sure also that the shortname of the cameras match the file and folder names in the NEW folder. And I dont change the shortname anymore, after install. So it's definitely not because of changing the short name causing BI to dislodge links to recordings using the previous shortname.

Basically, it seems that BI just randomly decides to leave some files in the NEW folder, and I have to manually move them from time to time. I manage over 30 BI installs and keep em all updated, renewing licenses and all... and most of these installs have this issue, so this is getting hectic.

Any advise is much appreciated