Why I like Continuous Recording (aka 24/7)

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
For example did you know that the definition of a second was changed in 1964 from 1/86,400th of a mean solar day to the unperturbed ground-state hyperfine transition frequency of the Cesium-133 atom which equals 9,192.631,770.
Well duh! Everyone knows that the unperturbed ground frequency is wayyy more accurate. Bahahaha

Seriously tho! You are obviously well versed in time keeping! Not sure why your cameras don’t like pfsense. I recently set all of mine to use it and they are all within a second of each other (updating every minute as they drift a lot!). I have a CCTV VLAN and firewalled it off from nearly everything, including pfsense access. Had to open UDP 123 to get them syncing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alecz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@samplenhold , I might have missed it, but I'm curious what is your setup? What do you use to record your footage and to trigger the alerts?

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
SecurtySpy on a Mac here for my NVR. Think of it as Blue Iris for MacOS. System captures 24/7 continuous recordings from all my cameras in addition to motion triggered event recordings. You catch things that might not have set a trigger AND you have easy to scan event files. I would hate having just one or the other.

Having enough storage for both types of recordings is so easily achieved with the huge drives currently available. I use a 40 TB array for mine.