Why doesnt my browser trust you?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure why samasung wont update my model yet...prob the usual trying to push to the next new model....cell phones are way too $$$ for me to upgrade and Im not going to do themonthly payment sucker game and end up paying $600-800 for a new one.

Mine is not rooted so unless there is a way to fofce the update I may just format it and start over but I hate that reloading all my apps pain...maybe Ill take it into Verizon and let them fix it vs more wasted time
If you are on android 5 you will never get an update. Stick with nexus/pixel devices, you get security updates monthly...new OS as soon as its released...paying 600-800 is not necessary...got my nexus 5x new over a year ago for 280..The pixel goes on on sale all the time with verizon...last time it was 10 bux a month (about 240+tax on full price) after monthly credit...

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ive not looked at that brand/model.I'll have to check that out. ThanksMine is the note3. Like it a lot but the new ,(non fire starter) ones are not cheap.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ive not looked at that brand/model.I'll have to check that out. ThanksMine is the note3. Like it a lot but the new ,(non fire starter) ones are not cheap.
They are both sold by google and run pure android and get updates from google..5x is the older model, made by lg for goodle...pixel is the newer model made for google by HTC. 5x is not directly supported by verizon but runs on their network (wifi calling is not supported and I use google voice for voicemail)...the pixel is fully supported and sold by verizon...
These are the only android phones I would consider since everyone else is VERY slow at rolling out updates, including security updates...it makes no sense, its akin to waiting for dell to release a security update for windows..its time for that kind of nonsense to end.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Pixel $650-$750 Maybe Im a cheap badtard but that is nuts for a phone.
Why cant I have something decent for undef $200 that will last?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Pixel $650-$750 Maybe Im a cheap badtard but that is nuts for a phone.
Why cant I have something decent for undef $200 that will last?
like I said, its been on sale for under 300 dollars via verizon...just wait for it again...see my post above..
There is nothing else that is updated by google....you cannot rely on manufactures to update..they are useless.
or buy the 5x its available for under 300 new...the pixel is a better phone so just wait for a sale..
This was the sale in December
Deal: Verizon Offering the Google Pixel for Just $10/Month - 12/16/16 | Androidheadlines.com
im sure they will have it again, once the fix the supply issues..

Last edited: