Who Is Digging Up My Underground POE Cables

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I am taking the dog out for a walk this morning and I noticed that someone was digging up the ground right where my underground POE cables are run. First thing that came to mind was sabotage. In the video the cables are at the base of the pine tree at the right side. There is also a big fake rock between the pine tree and the brick wall. The cables are run between the pine tree and the fake rock. I found out who in the hell is doing this. I have four cables that feed the 4 cameras in the pine tree.

Keizer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had something digging in my yard night after night. I caught a skunk on camera as well. The good thing is, your skunk is probably just digging for insects and is not interested in your cabling.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I had something digging in my yard night after night. I caught a skunk on camera as well. The good thing is, your skunk is probably just digging for insects and is not interested in your cabling.
That is exactly what he was doing. The video before this shows him looking for grubs in my lawn and digging it up. Also, the cable is in PVC conduit and down below where he was digging.

Last edited:

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
At least it's not space aliens! I suggest you run out, grab the skunk by its tail, and fling it away. Then it will learn its lesson and quit messing with your cables. Aside from that, this is a good argument for conduit vs. direct burial.