Who in the Northeast felt that Earth Shake?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The camera I had loosely hanging in my office showed the whole room shaking - it was reminding me what a terrible cable management I have within the office :rofl:

We felt it here in upstate, My cat jumped and flew off the bed, any camera at my house that was bolted to the house showed No shaking, I have one in my garage just hiding in plain site, That guy was moving.

Reaction score
I spent 14 years in California--- felt a LOT of them. Being close to a 4.8 can definitely get your attention. :winktongue: Was it one good Jolt or did it keep going for a while with a side-to-side or rolling motion??

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I spent 14 years in California--- felt a LOT of them. Being close to a 4.8 can definitely get your attention. :winktongue: Was it one good Jolt or did it keep going for a while with a side-to-side or rolling motion??
I was on my Couch, felt like somebody was shaking the couch back and forth, We have one back here in the 90's that felt like a Roller coaster effect, this one was definitely different.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was on my Couch, felt like somebody was shaking the couch back and forth, We have one back here in the 90's that felt like a Roller coaster effect, this one was definitely different.
In the 'quake of '89 I linked above I was in my '84 Mazda B2000 pickup, going around a corner @ about 25MPH in a residential neighborhood, about 300 yards from home....I thought I had a sudden flat tire. Then I saw the power lines behind the house swaying and I knew.
Turned around went back to work (traffic signal maintenance)...spent the next 30 hours working on top of the 10 I had just put in.
We lost power at the house for almost 4 days, IIRC.

Heavyopp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’m about 12 miles from what they say was the epicenter. It was definitely eye opening.
At 1st I thought it was a tree falling on the house. Shit fell off shelves.

I have a test camera running in my garage. A lot of shaking going on in there.

It was a low rumble, then some real shaking but only a few seconds. Just had an aftershock at 5:59pm that was noticable.

I do have my garage cam recording, I have the footage saved I just have no idea how to get it off blue iris and into a format I can post here.

I’ll see if I can find the instructions on how to get the footage from blue iris and post here. Maybe someone could point me in the right direction?

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A couple of miles from the epicenter here - 2 giant bangs and vibration that lasted for some time

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m about 12 miles from what they say was the epicenter. It was definitely eye opening.
At 1st I thought it was a tree falling on the house. Shit fell off shelves.

I have a test camera running in my garage. A lot of shaking going on in there.

It was a low rumble, then some real shaking but only a few seconds. Just had an aftershock at 5:59pm that was noticable.

I do have my garage cam recording, I have the footage saved I just have no idea how to get it off blue iris and into a format I can post here.

I’ll see if I can find the instructions on how to get the footage from blue iris and post here. Maybe someone could point me in the right direction?
Use the web interface UI3.... pull up the clip, right click on it, and then choose CONVERT/EXPORT:

1712367380104.png

THEN--- you can move the green and red markers for the start and stop points of your export... and set other parameters on the left hand side...

1712367468513.png

When it's done, click the file to download it from the BI server to the computer you are using. If it is under 100MB, you can upload it here, otherwise you can put it on Youtube and drop a link here, OR-- after it renders on Youtube, you can download it From there and it will be very compressed--- almost certainly under 15MB.