Which firmware to use

Reaction score
Can anybody enlighten me what firmware to use with cameras bought from EmpireTech?

Do I need to use the firmware files provided from Andy's list or can I even flash the firmware file from official Dahua website?

Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Andy has the firmware available on his website. Download Center

You can update the firmware on Andy's cameras and NVRs from the Dahua website, thus proving they are real Dahua.

But you will find that the firmware we get from him is actually better and more recent than what is on the Dahua website because many members here provide feedback to Andy and then Dahua makes modifications to the firmware and sends back to him and then he sends out to his customers. These have been great improvements that Dahua doesn't even update their firmware and add to their website. So many of us are running a newer firmware than those that purchase Dahua cameras through professional installers. Smart IR on the 5442 series is one such improvement. Autotracking on the 49225 and 49425 PTZ is another. We got the next version of AI SMD 3.0 prior to anyone else as well.

Look at the threads here where members are actually testing firmware and improving it for Dahua - find a Dahua dealer with that type of relationship that Andy has with Dahua - I don't think you will find it. Look at the Dahua 4k camera on the 1/1.2" sensor as an example - Dahua provides cameras to Andy to sell before Dahua even made it available and look at all the improvements being made to the firmware from input from customers right here on this site. And the kicker is, we are not Dahua's target market - it is the professional installers...

Just because the Dahua website has a more recent date doesn't mean it is actually newer or better than Andy's. In many instances after several months they decide to take the improvements we help make and roll them out on their official devices.

Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying this for me and for the very good explanation. I simply couldn't find anything about this topic.

I actually thought that the situation is the other way around. Resellers like Andy get updates, but much later than the official released firmwares.

Since it is not so and I know better now, I'll stick with his firmware. It's just good to know that both firmwares can be used.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Andy is definitely unique. You won't see many with the relationship he has with Dahua. Many are just 3rd party resellers. Guarantee you B&H doesn't.