Where to find a two wire microphone for a Hik camera with audio input pigtail

kidtriton

n3wb
Reaction score
I had this camera which had a built in microphone:

but it died and now I have a DS-2CD2955FWD-IS that has audio input but no built in mic. When I search for a "security camera microphone" all I'm seeming to find are microphones that need a 12v power and plug into a NVR with RCA like a standalone device. Where can I get just a simple two wire mic so I can drill a hole beside this camera and connect with with two wires?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The search tool is your friend, here's one example:

kidtriton

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks polaris, I could do that if I can't find one with its own small enclosure and pigtail.

DsineR, all the ones in that thread are powered, I have searched and found plenty of those. I need one that is just two leads, no power.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks polaris, I could do that if I can't find one with its own small enclosure and pigtail.

DsineR, all the ones in that thread are powered, I have searched and found plenty of those. I need one that is just two leads, no power.
WM-61A requires power.
For your application, you need a powered mic.

kidtriton

n3wb
Reaction score
So you're saying that the audio in pigtail on Hik cameras don't take a dynamic mic input (like is on headphones or guitar pickup), that it's more of a line level input? If that's the case I only have Cat5 to the location so no way to get a mic powered, ugh.

I can't seem to find that style fisheye camera anymore with the mic built in.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So you're saying that the audio in pigtail on Hik cameras don't take a dynamic mic input (like is on headphones or guitar pickup), that it's more of a line level input? If that's the case I only have Cat5 to the location so no way to get a mic powered, ugh.

I can't seem to find that style fisheye camera anymore with the mic built in.
Correct, check the specs - it's a line level input on the camera.
You could drive your CAT5 run via POE, then insert a POE splitter at the camera to breakout the dc pwr for the mic.