Where is the Balloon?

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Trump would have shot it down as soon as it was detected in Alaska airspace.
Would he though?
Really?
The official said Chinese balloons briefly transited the continental United States at least three times during the prior administration.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
We can laser them. We have the technology onboard several planes and on ships. I am sure the seal teams are already cleaning up the bottom of the ocean as we speak. I wonder what brand name of equipment they will find? How much of it will be US made?

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
after watching the shoot down video it looks like the missile hit the payload and not the balloon. what would be the point of shooting if down govt is not interested in recovering the payload. It was all for show. This is a great weekend to watch both the original and new version of Red Dawn.. Wolverines. just kidding about the movie have a great weekend.
It was and air to air missile. The balloon didn't have any metal mass to lock on to. It could only hit the payload. If I was the pilot, I would have used guns to pop the balloon and keep the payload intact.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Watching some of the better camera captures, it sure appears only the balloon was hit, and the payload fell free in one piece.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I dug some more info on the missile.

No wonder it hit the tether.