where do you send a speed dome for repair?

Reaction score
I lost the POE injector on my 1.5 year old speed dome and after replacing it the dome moves but can't be seen on the network, some I am thinking it will need a major repair is there an authorized dealer for this?

thanks coldair

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you only attempting to view it via it's last known IP? Or did you scan your network for devices?

edit: is the network port it is connected to show connection/activity lights?

Reaction score
the camera is a model DS-2DF8C842IXS-AELW firmware V5.5.801 build 210628.
I lost it on Sat night with the last known display having evaluation mode on it. I tried seeing it on the network and by using SADP to no avail
it goes from the main manged switch down 240 feet to an unmanaged 8 port 90 watt unmanaged switch with 7 other cameras on it, than 75 feet to the pole with the camera on it. I use a high output 90 watt POE injector just for this Camera as it needs 60 watts with the high output ir lights
the switch was showing connectivity but the camera was not found. I plugged another new eyeball into and that worked.
so I pulled the camera down and took it into the house hooked it up but I got a failed startup test. I have it dangling off a ladder in my office with the same POE powering it off the main switch and I am able to see and use the camera ,

I was able to down load the diagnosis file to drop box which I can share on dropbox if I can get past my paranoia about being hacked or leaving a back door open someway

anyway I am about to reboot the camera and see if I get the same error message but I will await further input

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
From what I read on your last post, you ruled out the port on the dumb switch by connecting an eyeball cam and it successfully booted. Can you connect the eyeball cam at the end of the wire where the speed dome normally sits, to test the last 75ft of cable?

Now the speed dome is on the bench and you are having some luck with accessing it via the network and controlling it. What happened after the last re-boot?

Reaction score
From what I read on your last post, you ruled out the port on the dumb switch by connecting an eyeball cam and it successfully booted. Can you connect the eyeball cam at the end of the wire where the speed dome normally sits, to test the last 75ft of cable?

Now the speed dome is on the bench and you are having some luck with accessing it via the network and controlling it. What happened after the last re-boot?
it seems to be running like normal maybe the cable has an issue and is losing signal. Now to find a good cat 6 or 7 cable with premade ends