Where do I look first to solve this problem?

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi
i have an IP camera system that is mostly Dahua all my cams were bought from Securitycameraking.com.
Here is my problem. I can see all 4 of my cameras when viewing on my NVR's dedicated monitor, but when trying to view on my iPad running TechPro lite (PSS Lite) I only see three on my LAN.
Where should I look first to solve this problem?

Tubac

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Need to know more about your setup. POE nvr? All cameras hooked up to a separate switch? Which camera isn't showing?

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Need to know more about your setup. POE nvr? All cameras hooked up to a separate switch? Which camera isn't showing?
Hi Shock. Two cameras hooked up directly to the NVR's built in POE. Two cameras hooked up to a 5 port switch.
One of the cameras I'm not able to see on my iPad is plugged into the built in switch. I can see all cameras on the NVR's dedicated monitor.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
What stream are you trying to view on that camera channel in the app? It should be sub stream usually. Is there a little message in the blank window at the bottom saying time out or anything?

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi,
The app window just reads NVR-Cam2' yet it is black. Odd. Ok I checked all the connections and they are ok. Now I am going to restart the NVR . That was it! I wonder why? Oh well, thanks for the help. Let me know if you have a theory why the camera was visible on the NVR ,but not on the app?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Things do weird stuff. First course of action is usually a restart. Glad it's working!

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
for the camera that is not displaying on your Ipad, make sure the box that says video on the sub stream is checked