Whats this called and how to fix? Dahua SD22404T-GN

Kurtis500

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Attached a pic. Not sure if this is called blurred or halo or ? Its a general fuzzy picture day and night. Great camera and only a few months old. I just put it at this location recently but the camera seems to be 'fuzzy' regardless of outdoor lighting. The dome is clean too.

Attachments

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks to me you have this camera mounted inside looking through a window?!? If so, a couple of things you can do to reduce the glare and reflection.

• Turn of IR if available
  • Install a black border around that area
  • Mount the camera tight against the window without any gaps. If you can’t bring it any closer you can make a cone baffle to (gap) the lens closer to the window

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes that is what I meant. I had a PTZ I took apart several times for moisture inside.

Kurtis500

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes that is what I meant. I had a PTZ I took apart several times for moisture inside.
Im thinking this might be the case. Did the dome look clean when it was really dirty? Mine looks clean

Kurtis500

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One more thing I just noticed that I've never seen as a big deal but now is a good time to ask. The time is off between the camera and BI. I check a box that syncs the time when Im in the web interface for the Dahua camera. It seems like a one time sync. Is there a selection that keeps the camera and computer times in sync? Since I just mounted this camera the camera time display is still on, I usually have that off and rarely notice the time difference.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I have several of those cameras. They are prone to strange reflections on the dome. First picture is one sitting on my desk and I snapped a picture from it looking up at the wall in my man cave, with a big window right below it. You can see the strange looking spots or artifacts showing up. This camera is perfectly clean, just taken out of the box last week, never been outside or opened up.

Second picture is another identical camera, mounted in my mancave, looking out a thermopane window at my Big Hikvision PTZ. In lower light scenarios, it gets a bit fuzzy and will have artifacts in the picture.

Desk 16-07-2022 16-09-10.jpg

Office 16-07-2022 16-15-15.jpg

Kurtis500

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have several of those cameras. They are prone to strange reflections on the dome. First picture is one sitting on my desk and I snapped a picture from it looking up at the wall in my man cave, with a big window right below it. You can see the strange looking spots or artifacts showing up. This camera is perfectly clean, just taken out of the box last week, never been outside or opened up.

Second picture is another identical camera, mounted in my mancave, looking out a thermopane window at my Big Hikvision PTZ. In lower light scenarios, it gets a bit fuzzy and will have artifacts in the picture.

View attachment 133672

View attachment 133673
Interesting. The first pic has that blur I see on the whole image with mine. Is there any fix or adjustment to it? I already tried the settings in the camera web interface and cant change it.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
One more thing I just noticed that I've never seen as a big deal but now is a good time to ask. The time is off between the camera and BI. I check a box that syncs the time when Im in the web interface for the Dahua camera. It seems like a one time sync. Is there a selection that keeps the camera and computer times in sync? Since I just mounted this camera the camera time display is still on, I usually have that off and rarely notice the time difference.
Go into your web browser and type the IP address of the camera into the address bar. Enter the username and password and you should be able to select the setting from there to have it sync time with your PC. Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe BI will sync the internal clocks of the cameras.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting. The first pic has that blur I see on the whole image with mine. Is there any fix or adjustment to it? I already tried the settings in the camera web interface and cant change it.
The sensor on that camera is 1/3", if I remember correctly. It doesn't do very well in low light illumination and it doesn't have IR. You can play with some of the brightness, contrast and sharpness settings with different lighting scenarios. I haven't played with the setting on the new one on my desk. They are factory. I have played with some of the setting on the one that shows it looking out the window. It's basically a trial and error thing.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think that is just an inherent issue with some PTZs in domes and or in certain locations of the camera within the dome - it can't make a complete seal between the lens and the dome and any light hitting the dome and bouncing around in there will cause this.

You can get the same issue with a fixed dome came when the seal isn't tight.

Kurtis500

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to put an absorbant pad inside these to help the issue? Similar to those in boxes when products are shipped?

EDIT: I just ordered some 2 gram silica gel packets. Ill see if I can get it in there and make it work.. if thats the problem

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Likely will be one inside the cam already.

Edit to add: Shown in this image. Usually is one in the Dahua cams I've opened but I've not one of these. Whether there's actually one there or not in a given camera... :idk:

Last edited:

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to put an absorbant pad inside these to help the issue? Similar to those in boxes when products are shipped?

EDIT: I just ordered som 2 gram silica gel packets. Ill see if I can get it in there and make it work.. if thats the problem
Not in this camera. I have some installed in that large Hikvision that you saw in the picture above. I am not sure there would be enough room inside. But, I have not cracked any of the SD22404T-GN cameras open, so there may be space that wont interfere with the pan function.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
After reading this is indeed a outdoor mounted PTZ camera do agree this looks more like a bad seal. If the camera is new don't bother messing around with it and just send it back. If its just too much of a hassle to return it you can play around with the foam ring seal.

I've seen a few people add on some extra material to keep the lens to dome seal tight.