what's the purpose of limit size?

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In my "new" folder, I have limit size to 300 or 3 days then move to store. Problem is it reaches 400gb but not quite 3 days but it still doesn't move to store.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You should do one or the other. Eliminate the 300 and just go with 3 days. or just go with 300.

But 300gb is a ridiculously low number unless you only have a few cams and only recording on motion.

Are you moving to a NAS? If not, best practice is to simply put all the video in the NEW if the drives are all in the computer. Moving them from NEW to STORED is a waste of CPU and HDD usage if all on same drive or even to two different drives in the box.

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You should do one or the other. Eliminate the 300 and just go with 3 days. or just go with 300.

But 300gb is a ridiculously low number unless you only have a few cams and only recording on motion.

Are you moving to a NAS? If not, best practice is to simply put all the video in the NEW if the drives are all in the computer. Moving them from NEW to STORED is a waste of CPU and HDD usage if all on same drive or even to two different drives in the box.
I only have a 500gb SSD for new, after that it moves to a 6tb HDD. I only have 4 cameras that are continueous the rest are on motion. I'll up it to 400 and not set the limit clip age and see what happens

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You should just put it straight to the HDD. You are prematurely wearing out the SSD.

Between BI and Windows you may be over 100gb and this their isn't free space to delete. You should save at least 10% of the available space for that action.