Whats the difference between DS-2CD2T87G2-L vs DS-2CD2087G2-LU

Daniel Ripley

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi

Can someone please tell me the difference between the Hijvision DS-2CD2T87G2-L vs DS-2CD2087G2-LU? I note they both have Acusence, Colourvu, 1/1.2 sensor, 8mp, come in 2.8mm and 4mm, only the LU has a mic and looks smaller?

I have the same question regarding their 4mp versions DS-2CD2T47G2-L vs DS-2CD2047G2-LU . In the Youtube video for the DS-2CD2T47G2-L I note that a firmware to come has white light trigger from motion, I wonder if the DS-2CD2047G2-LU and DS-2CD2087G2-LU will also get this feature upgrade?

Thanks,
Dan

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I believe the difference is a US version vs a UK / EU version. I might be wrong though

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just compared the datasheets and see that the casing quite different (and size)
LED light power is also different
all other specs seem to match

Last edited:

Daniel Ripley

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just compared the datasheets and see that the casing quite different (and size)
This is what I thought but as the user guide is not made per camera but covers all its hard to know in areas where it specifies that some models with have a feature or not when even in the spec sheet there is no mention of some features. It would seem that the LU model has the advantage of smaller case size, and a mic. Once the firmware comes out to offer support for white light trigger from motion I think for many this is desired so it can be fitted in close residential areas where any white regardless of power cant be on all night. I think as a deterrent having a white light turn on when someone is within a area covered byAcusence is making good use of the white light. If Acusence is more reliable than Blueiris under some circumstances then that combo makes for a powerful setup.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes the physical form factor is different between the two cams. Besides that and the microphone there appears to be no difference. I believe the only difference is based on where the camera is being sold. I'm hesitant to believe the smaller form factor camera, the DS-2CD2087G2-L(U) , has the same capabilities as the much larger DS-2CD2T87G2-L. Regardless both cams come with a 1/1.2 sensor and I'm excited to see how well it works under low light scenarios.

Daniel Ripley

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes the physical form factor is different between the two cams. Besides that and the microphone there appears to be no difference. I believe the only difference is based on where the camera is being sold. I'm hesitant to believe the smaller form factor camera, the DS-2CD2087G2-L(U) , has the same capabilities as the much larger DS-2CD2T87G2-L. Regardless both cams come with a 1/1.2 sensor and I'm excited to see how well it works under low light scenarios.
Here in the UK we have both cameras sold on the same stores. In theory if the 8mp cameras in question have 1/1.2 sensors and we bring them down to 4mp then we have a 4mp camera with a huge sensor. If whats being said about better night light performance goes to the bigger sensor at lower resolutions then we should see a good difference in very low light settings?

Dan

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here in the UK we have both cameras sold on the same stores. In theory if the 8mp cameras in question have 1/1.2 sensors and we bring them down to 4mp then we have a 4mp camera with a huge sensor. If whats being said about better night light performance goes to the bigger sensor at lower resolutions then we should see a good difference in very low light settings?

Dan
If your UK suppliers are selling both variations of the cameras in store then I'm confused and don't know why there is two different cameras being sold with the same exact specs. Maybe someone with more knowledge could give a better explanation.

k110

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Difference between the 2CD2T87G2 & 2CD2087G2 is the size and LED strength. The LED's in the 2T87 are more powerful then the one's in the 2087 and thus need more space.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score

Dan
Unless you can magically change the pixel density on the sensor the night performance will not change by lowering the resolution. Light sensitivity is determined by the size of the pixels in use by the sensor. Changing resolution has no effect on that. IF that sensor was made in a 4MP or 2MP variant it would perform amazingly well in extremely low light. That is because the size of each pixel, and the amount of light reaching each pixel, would double in 4MP and quadruple in 2MP.

Last edited:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score

Dan
um, no. you have an 8mp camera down-rez'ing it's signal is all. it does not make the pixels any bigger.