What to do with this pile of Lorex MPX cameras?

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I am in the process of purging crap to get my basement tidied up and have this pile of 8 bullet and 4 turret cameras that I keep moving around. They’re from my Lorex MPX system that I no longer use since switching to IP cams.

8x LBV2711S-C
4x LEV2712S-C

As far as I know they all still work. Are they worth anything? Maybe put them on Facebook marketplace for $100? More than that? Could anyone here use them?

IMG_1795.jpeg

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
I have same problem, 16 used cams and mounts from a abandoned grow op I was doing service work at. clean them up and put them up for auction on flee bay? or maybe not even worth my time.

Attachments

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You don’t ever regret throwing something out? I know I have a few times.
Very rarely do I ever regret tossing anything. I detest clutter. I've throw away stuff from three different rooms in the last week right down to checking every drawer for anything I haven't used in a long time or have no plans to ever use again . . . that includes camera's from Andy that aren't more than a year or two old. o_O

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
With my spare cameras I donate them to a neighbor to get them started on watching the neighborhood. I am on my 3rd neighbor's house right now. The really out of date and old stuff I just put out for free by the trash.
Maybe if these were IP/POE, but I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of helping set these up.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have same problem, 16 used cams and mounts from a abandoned grow op I was doing service work at. clean them up and put them up for auction on flee bay? or maybe not even worth my time.
You really should drain the amps out of those cams first, though....
I got rid of a couple last year after they had released the magic smoke. :winktongue: