what size computer to view 100 cameras on 4 monitors?

GH75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We have some clients setting up remote viewing stations. They will be monitoring various properties from one central location.

VMS is Smart PSS

They typically run 25 cameras per monitor, 2 HDMI, 2 VGA. We split one of the HDMI and run it to a 48" TV.

I know running around 75 cameras, they were pulling around 30Mbps across the network according to the Windows resource monitor.

Is it possible to buy a store built PC and just add a 2nd decent video card?

Brad_C

Banned
Reaction score
That's a hell of a decode load on a single machine. I'd be more inclided to use multiple small workstations and a decent software package to manage them. I'm doing a job at the moment where the 23 lift cameras are on a single screen and it's a pretty useless view, but easily handled by a cheap workstation running Milestone. I don't like it, but it was already there.

The issue is the decode load. You'd want well orchestrated hardware accelerated decoding and some high bandwidth GPUs. I'd use multiple workstations.

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sounds like a user who needs to pony up the membership fee for IPVM.

Is it 100 Huisun V2s?

GH75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The PC that is doing it now seems to be running fine. But it was custom built by a company that seems to specialize in building PC's/Servers for surveillance.

I was wondering of there was a local/cheaper solution.

It is not Huisun

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
100 cameras ain't cheap. So I don't think you could cheap out anywhere else.