What is the smallest NVR

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm exploring the idea of putting an NVR in a small weatherproof box in a remote location. What is the smallest NVR I should consider? I prefer an NVR over a pc/blue iris for this due to the people who would be accessing it.

Edit: in case it matters, the camera would be for recording plates. I would like to use an actual purpose built lpr.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm exploring the idea of putting an NVR in a small weatherproof box in a remote location. What is the smallest NVR I should consider? I prefer an NVR over a pc/blue iris for this due to the people who would be accessing it.
Hi @CaptainCrunch

I'd look for Dahua OEM / Hikvision OEM which are able to only hold one HDD ..

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The little white 4000 series is smallest, but they dont store a plate database. I had one and they work fine if you just want to record and search visually/manually with a date and approx time.

But if you want one with a database and to search plates it get a lot more complicated with regards to camera ANPR compatibility/capability and price goes way up

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I did check their site out. The smallest I could find was about 8.06" × 8.12" × 1.80". There are a few with that form factor. I didn't know if any more experienced persons may have known about anything smaller.

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The little white 4000 series is smallest, but they dont store a plate database. I had one and they work fine if you just want to record and search visually/manually with a date and approx time.

But if you want one with a database and to search plates it get a lot more complicated with regards to camera ANPR compatibility/capability and price goes way up
Will an AI enabled nvr paired with an anpr camera be able to store a database of plates? That's not essential but it could come in handy.