What is the best universal CCTV Camera app on iOS to view live and archive footage?

cluel3ss

n3wb
Reaction score
I would like to know what is the best CCTV streaming app for iOS (namely iPhone) that can use the IP credentials to login to cameras and show live streams.

Currently I use an app called CCTV Viewer which is great, but I want to be able to view old footage via the app but it wont let me do this as I'm connected directly to the camera, all my footage is stored in my NVR (Synology system). Synology has its own app to view live streams and archive footage but I find the app way too slow to connect to the cameras or steam footage.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to know what is the best CCTV streaming app for iOS (namely iPhone) that can use the IP credentials to login to cameras and show live streams.

Currently I use an app called CCTV Viewer which is great, but I want to be able to view old footage via the app but it wont let me do this as I'm connected directly to the camera, all my footage is stored in my NVR (Synology system). Synology has its own app to view live streams and archive footage but I find the app way too slow to connect to the cameras or steam footage.
you can only use the manufacture app for recorded footage..if you are using synology SS as a vms, then you must use their app.

cluel3ss

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a protocol it uses to be able to see what recorded footage there is? I want to see if there is a way I can trick the stream into thinking there is recorded footage available directly on the camera somehow.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a protocol it uses to be able to see what recorded footage there is? I want to see if there is a way I can trick the stream into thinking there is recorded footage available directly on the camera somehow.
you wont be able to do this...move to a different solution if this is important to you. also, what is your upload speed?

cluel3ss

n3wb
Reaction score
What would be better solution? I'm not an expert in this area which is why I'm asking.

My upload is 16Mbps.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What would be better solution? I'm not an expert in this area which is why I'm asking.

My upload is 16Mbps.
Your speed should be sufficient...check to see if you can adjust the remote viewing quality on the SS.
Otherwise, look at blue iris. Its pc based and has the best mobile remote viewing app hands down.

cluel3ss

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks I'll try taking a look at Blue Iris.
I take it you use this? What kind of specs would I need for three 3MP IP Cameras? (i.e. RAM and CPU)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.