What is the best sd card to use? ds-2cd2432f-iw

David_231

n3wb
Reaction score
As the title says what the best SD card to use I bought a sandisk 64gb and it failed to format past 26% and now the sd card is rendered junk.?

David_231

n3wb
Reaction score
Ebay and the seller is non responsive to any emails...............located in china...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thought so. Most likely you got a fake card. File a dispute now. Buy a card from amazon sold by amazon (not third party sellers)...or any other reputable seller.

David_231

n3wb
Reaction score
If Nelly's could send a few cards at once in an envelope to Canada...I;m in for the deal...

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey David,

We could do that but from what I hear customs charges an arm and a leg. Your best bet is going with Amazon like Fenderman said. I think they ship to Canada, if not, feel free to place an order and we'll get it shipped.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Be sure to get Class 4 or higher (10 is best) when purchasing SD cards for IP Camera. I agree with other on getting SD card from Amazon, it the best way to go.

Bill

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The ds-2cd2432f-iw datasheet - http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/image/2014080514155932841.pdf shows that any Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC card up to 64 GB is compatible.

So I would go with a well know brand which is the SanDisk and make sure it not a fake or clone. If you purchase it from a seller like Amazon or Best Buy then it most likely a genius SanDisk card.

Bill
Good list. I am sure I saw at networkcameracritic when he reviewed this camera that he had a problem with a 64 GB from a particular brand--he did specify, but I can't remember what it was.

I have a 32 in mine. I just got it from amazon and made sure it had 4+ stars. These things are cheap enough now that there's no need risking it with some no-name stuff.

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sandisk has such a fake problem I rarely get them anymore and I've had a few fail. I still have a few for testing, but I use Sony cards, and here lately Sandisk EVO cards have been cheap and they work really well. They have been on sale over the holidays a lot, 16gb were like $8 I think it was. Just wait and watch for an Amazon sale as they seem to rotate brands on sale and I stock up then.

Agreed with the others, buy from Amazon and avoid ebay like the plague when it comes to SD cards.