What is the best low light 1080P or 720P camera that will work in color?

shaker

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking for some camera's to put in a Tavern. I have a system about 8 years old and all camera's are in color. I tried a Samsung 1080 system and camera's all switched to b/w right away.

shaker

n3wb
Reaction score
There is light in the tavern. Budget is 1500.00 for recorder and cameras.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@shaker I'm a little confused. It sounds like you have low lighting conditions and your Samsung cameras switched to IR (black and white) because of the low lighting - is this a problem - do you always want daytime color?

1. Did your old cameras NEVER switch to IR mode - were they always in color? If so didn't this result in the ability to see nothing once the lights went out? If you NEVER want the cameras to go into night mode/IR you can set them to "day mode" which will result in 24/7 day mode and no IR.

2. There are a lot of questions in order to make a recomendation also in conjunction with those above.
1. What system did you have?
2. How many cameras do you have? How many do you want with the new system?
3. What types of cameras do you need - where will they be placed or where can they be placed - this will help determine dome/bullet/turret?
4. What is your goal - just observing - or do you want close up in your face ID facial features at certain locations?

Last edited by a moderator:

shaker

n3wb
Reaction score
the old cameras switched to IR when lights were turned off. I would buy a new recorder. Right now I have a Honeywell. I run about 10 cameras. I just want it to be in color when the bar is open. It has some lighting in location.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
the old cameras switched to IR when lights were turned off. I would buy a new recorder. Right now I have a Honeywell. I run about 10 cameras. I just want it to be in color when the bar is open. It has some lighting in location.
Zero had some specific question. It's difficult to recommended anything without knowing the specifics. If you simply want the best low light then you have recommendation above.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It would be impossible to record in color/no-IR in complete darkness (ie. 100% pitch black). Even the best sensor will need at least a "moon light" equivalent of lighting in order to work.