What is everyone doing with the plate numbers they ALPR?

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Curious what everyone does with the plate numbers they ALPR?

I'm thinking of writing a small app to track plates read, time/date and a link back to the BI clip. I feel like it would be pretty easy to recognize new plates or abnormal traffic patterns. I haven't seen anything out there that does that yet.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There are several things people have developed here.

I use this one:

But there are a few others people have made. NodeRed is another but I can't fi d the link now.

And then some have developed their own they haven't shared.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
But there are a few others people have made. NodeRed is another but I can't fi d the link now.
Here is the link

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have not got an ANPR camera, but here are my ideas:

Identify abnormal cars on your street, so save all the neighbours and alerts for an unknown car.
Count number of cars traveling each way on your street, for analytics of how busy your street is.
If you are allowed to or it is public information - a database for checking weather the car is stolen and alerts. In my country there is a company which allows you to use an API to ask the status of a car based on it's licence plate (also returns make/model).

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have not got an ANPR camera, but here are my ideas:

Identify abnormal cars on your street, so save all the neighbours and alerts for an unknown car.
Count number of cars traveling each way on your street, for analytics of how busy your street is.
If you are allowed to or it is public information - a database for checking weather the car is stolen and alerts. In my country there is a company which allows you to use an API to ask the status of a car based on it's licence plate (also returns make/model).
I was thinking to detect abnormal cars automatically; I suspect that the cars going down the street are pretty pretty predictable. People generally take the same routes all the time, so finding a vehicle that is "out of place" shouldn't be too hard.

The car counting seems like a simple one; I'm still trying to take that a step further for use with my Christmas light display -- count how long people stop and watch the show. My experiment was not so successful when I tried it before -- occlusion between cars was a REAL problem.

Mad_Marik

n3wb
Reaction score
I was thinking to detect abnormal cars automatically; I suspect that the cars going down the street are pretty pretty predictable. People generally take the same routes all the time, so finding a vehicle that is "out of place" shouldn't be too hard.

The car counting seems like a simple one; I'm still trying to take that a step further for use with my Christmas light display -- count how long people stop and watch the show. My experiment was not so successful when I tried it before -- occlusion between cars was a REAL problem.
This would be good for the schools I support, as all the parents are in a line in their cars to pickup kids. So if you had a preset db of plates that the parents gave you, the AI would pickup cars not in the db and flag BI to show on the display.

This would be a add-on I would gladly pay for.