What Firmware Should I use?

chadman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got 4 new camera's. 3 have 5.3.6 and 1 has 5.3.8. Is there a version you guys recommend? I also see a version 5.4 is available. I would prefer to have them all on the same version and was looking for the one with the best features and is most stable.

afddwfadwfadwf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Both 5.3.6 and 5.3.8 are buggy...but stable... Where are the release notes?
btw do you have all smart events in 5.3.8? what model?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
All hikvision firmware is buggy. Some are more buggy than others. How many people have updated and then moaned that x, y or z has stopped working.

If you want them all the same then update the 5.3.6 one to 5.3.8.

chadman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
any word on that 5.4 version? I have read you cant always go back, but have found almost nothing about the 5.4 version. For now I think I will update the other 3 to match the odd one. Also my 5.3.8 does show the same smart events.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
any word on that 5.4 version? I have read you cant always go back, but have found almost nothing about the 5.4 version. For now I think I will update the other 3 to match the odd one. Also my 5.3.8 does show the same smart events.
I'm not clear of what camera types you are talking about.

Of course, if you have Chinese region cameras using modified firmware to make them English, changing firmware will make the camera Chinese again.

tsutton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, but to be honest, I'd rather download it from the official website and not from an unknown source. I'll wait. :)

Cheers!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why on Earth would you risk bricking your camera by updating it from some random website? That firmware was on the Hikvision website but taken down. I've seen them put lots of firmware up that was really buggy and semi-quickly release a newer firmware to fix the major bugs but not take one down before. That's why you've heard nothing about it.

My original advice stands. Don't brick your cameras just because you can.