What ethernet cable for Camera: DS-2CD2042WD-I & NVR: DS-7608NI-I2/8​P

Reaction score
I'm purchasing the 4meg Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I camera to plug into the Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-I2/8​P.

Can someone post an Amazon link for which cable to buy that will properly support the camera/nvr/poe setup?

Looking for something 50 or 100 feet, twisted, 24g?, cat5e/6?, etc... but I'm not sure which one would be best for the setup.

thanks for your help!

Stealth22

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here are two choices for a 100ft CAT6 STP (shielded) cable from Amazon and Monoprice.

Monoprice also has other lengths and colors available. Monoprice is the best for cables, if you live in the States. But if you have Amazon Prime, their 2 day shipping is awesome.

Amazon also has the Monoprice 100ft CAT6 STP, but its more expensive than the first two links above.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Stealth22

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does it matter what ethernet cable you use?
Not really...I just picked CAT6 because it's more in line with current standards than CAT5e. And if you're going outside or in walls, then its better to go with shielded cable. The price difference between CAT5e and CAT6, or UTP vs STP would be fairly minimal. Especially if you order from a dealer like Monoprice.