What do you think?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It's still deer season, daylight only of course. He slowly went past my house shining across the street (cemetery). Then he went into reverse fast and circled the inside perimeter. Then he left passing by my house again. No harm no foul I guess, but I still don't like it. Anyone that goes out to shoot in the dark is a bad accident waiting to happen...

No ARs for hunting

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
When I visit Bro-in-law up in Tioga County PA in winter, (not this year) its not uncommon for lots of hunters to be out "spotting" in early evening. I;m gonna assume thats what he was doing without any other facts to the contrary.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
When I visit Bro-in-law up in Tioga County PA in winter, (not this year) its not uncommon for lots of hunters to be out "spotting" in early evening. I;m gonna assume thats what he was doing without any other facts to the contrary.
Except that I'd think it's a little uncommon to be spotting with your piece laying right next to you while you're shining.

You can use ARs for hunting deer here in Florida with a limited cap magazine. Not at night of course. Is this in the country? I’d say he was poaching if he was shining.
Agreed

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
yeah all depends on the location. Where bro-in-law lives, essentially on top of a mountain, he and 3 others (neighbors) have free reign over about 750 acres of a mountain top. Long guns are left in vehicles pretty much all the time.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Let me clarify, 'Spotting" or shining is perfectly legal and common (at least in PA). Shooting them after dark is not ;)