What do I need to hide these cat6 holes outside the house? Is it called a junction box?

bc99

n3wb
Reaction score
I've attached a photo of the holes in question for context.

I have 8 holes running cat6 from the inside to the outside of my house. My plan is to seal the holes after the work is completed, then cover the holes with some sort of "junction box" that is used only for cable management i.e. all the cables fit into the back of the box and then they exit the box on one side. There is no termination in the box; it's purely for cable management and hiding the holes.

Anyone know what this kind of box would be called or where I'd acquire one? I can't find anything at Home Depot. They said a box that I'm describing 'wouldn't be up to code (?)'. because I'm looking for something with a removable back cover, and code only allows for a removable front cover. Also, their junction boxes are too small. I've searched the web for 'junction box', 'data box', 'box to hide cables', etc. but I can't find anything that will route these 8 cables.

I realize that my holes are wonky and inelegant. I regret nothing. (photo attached)

Attachments

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
So You want to put them in a box? and then what? Run them out of the box in conduit to your cams ?

bc99

n3wb
Reaction score
So You want to put them in a box? and then what? Run them directly from the exit holes on the house into a box in conduit to your cams ?
Yeah, so I want to run them through the box to hide the holes in the wall and converge the cables closer together for when they exit the box. They then run along the house and into a trench inside of PVC.

This box that I'm looking for is solely to cover the holes and cables and allow the cables to exit the side of the box to run along the house.

There will be no termination or equipment otherwise in the box. It's just a box to cover the wall and allow the cables to come together before exiting the box.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
If there was any way you could use a hole saw and find center there and use 1 1/2 hole, you could save yourself a LOT of messing around and push everything through 1 hole, just silicone up the other ones, they will be behind the box, that way you will only have to drill 1 rear hole in your Nema box.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
If you want any of that to be water resistant, you will need to seal everything up with silicone caulk or something of that nature.