What cha listening to?

Jim I.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What I'm listening to is Jeff Beck. We lost a guitar playing legend yesterday. Jeff died suddenly from bacterial meningitis at age 78. He was a true pioneer in his field who played with the likes of Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Rod Stewart, Ron Wood, The Yardbirds, etc.. and also just finished touring with Johnny Depp recently. Was sad to read this story today, wish I had the chance to see him live in concert when I was younger.

Jim I.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I saw the Stones the last time they came to Houston when Charlie Watts was still in the band. Mick Jagger and the Stones started touring again after Mick's heart valve replacement surgery in 2021. Unfortunately I couldn't enjoy the concert, as great as it was.
My Dad had the same heart valve surgery the same month Jagger did, but he didn't make it. He died on the operating table..:embarrassed:
I couldn't stop thinking about the two different outcomes of the same surgery, and it ruined the concert for me.
Mick was dancing around on stage like a teenager within a year of his surgery, but we had to bury my Dad. .
But I'm glad to see Mick recovered so quickly from the TAVR heart valve surgery. He was in excellent health prior to the surgery, which made a big difference in his recovery.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
I saw the Stones the last time they came to Houston when Charlie Watts was still in the band. Mick Jagger and the Stones started touring again after Mick's heart valve replacement surgery in 2021. Unfortunately I couldn't enjoy the concert, as great as it was.
My Dad had the same heart valve surgery the same month Jagger did, but he didn't make it. He died on the operating table..:embarrassed:
I couldn't stop thinking about the two different outcomes of the same surgery, and it ruined the concert for me.
Mick was dancing around on stage like a teenager within a year of his surgery, but we had to bury my Dad. .
But I'm glad to see Mick recovered so quickly from the TAVR heart valve surgery. He was in excellent health prior to the surgery, which made a big difference in his recovery.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
I listened to these a few times before deciding......... chicks might rule lol :)

Last edited: