What causes multiple clips for same time?

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A weird new issue popped up on all my cameras lately. My clips used to just show the 30 min clips I have setup to record full time. Recently, it started showing multiple entries for that new clip but no size or length and then finally the actual clip containing the new recording. Has anyone come across this?

Attachments

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
any chance you changed something in the local console settings of the PC? or changed versions of BI?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
try going back a couple versions and see if it self corrects? Just trying the easy things first. sometimes an update will make a particular setting glitch or buggy.
Not 100% sure , but I stopped updating at 5.4.7.11 because im pursuing stability over the latestest and greatest.

Reaction score
At first I thought-- HEY!-- Mine does that. But mine is not doing the same thing-- 6 of my 8 cameras generate a new Alert in BI after my BI machine reboots (daily at 10:30pm). It seems that once the service loads and connects to the cameras, it automatically does an alert. I have no idea why my other two cams do Not produce an alert under the same condition....
1645468237308.png

cferd5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This happens on every version 5.5.4.x and up. I record 24/7 so it only happens at midnight for me. The latest version that doesn't have this issue is 5.5.3.7. I sent support an email almost 3 weeks ago but never got a reply.

cferd5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, this may be a little premature but after updating to 5.5.5.9 and waiting for the first full cycle to end (24hrs - midnight-to-midnight), it appears the issue has been fixed.

Lawnboy1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A weird new issue popped up on all my cameras lately. My clips used to just show the 30 min clips I have setup to record full time. Recently, it started showing multiple entries for that new clip but no size or length and then finally the actual clip containing the new recording. Has anyone come across this?
[/QUOTE

Make sure you don't have audio detection checked. If it is checked, turn it off.

mioutlook

n3wb
Reaction score
I upgraded from 5.5.4.7 to 5.5.5.9 last night after noticing this issue with several cameras.

My observations - on 5.5.4.7 the extra 00:10 clips had a 1kb BVR file associated with them. On 5.5.5.9 I am still getting these extra clips in the database, but very few now and they don't have an associated BVR file with them. Also, it is only occasionally occurring on the cameras that are hitting my 8 hour file split time. I have a 4gb file size limit most cameras hit before the time limit and I have not seen them generate the 00:10 clips yet after the upgrade.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Heard from Ken, he thinks it's an out of memory condition, but has not been able to identify what exactly.
Stay tuned.
IF you are having this issue, send him a proper support email with appropriate screen shots and the BI log entries.

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mine has been doing that for a while now, A lot of them say "0 sec (no file)", some are now saying "0 sec (0)" but they are then usually followed by the normal clips.

I also noticed a few versions ago that my storage changed even though I didn't change any settings. The graphic looks messed up and I have more free space than I used to... not sure why that happened.

1646305598968.png

cferd5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tried 5.5.5.10 and the issue is still there. I got a reply from Sam who pointed me to a link where he talks about Key Frame issues, but that's not what's causing this particular issue for me. All my cameras have had the Key frame set to equal the Frame rate for years. It shows in the Status page as 1.00.

Back to 5.5.3.7

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, this is definately something introduced with a new release of Blue Iris, just not sure which one started it.