What brand name variety of cameras should I have for commercial selling demonstration purposes?

Reaction score
Hey peeps! Sorry I have not been around in the months of late. Purchasing this company I work at has really sucked up any and all of my free personal time. I still have to finish the postings of 'how to cable' here someday soon.

Now that things are settling down, I have more requests for camera installations. I would like to setup a system at my work place that shows the difference capabilities between horrible, eh...ok, and exceptional camera.
Exceptional cameras would be Dahua's, of course :)
I have no idea what horrible and eh...ok cameras to purchase.
Primary NVR would be Blue Iris. I also plan on a smaller Dahua NVR for demonstration comparison purposes as well.
I think the flagship camera I would tout would be the Dahua 5442 series for it's day/night. Not sure about Dahua PTZ and latest cameras that have come out. I have some research to do.

What is the crappiest IP camera you have purchased?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Buy some $30 no name off Amazon LOL.

And make sure you have the setup in a darker environment as an indoor location with bright lights can make any camera look good. That is how the Best Buys can sell crap because in their bright store it all looks good.

Reolinks look great with enough light, but take away the light and it is ghost/blur city.

Reaction score
Buy some $30 no name off Amazon LOL.

And make sure you have the setup in a darker environment as an indoor location with bright lights can make any camera look good. That is how the Best Buys can sell crap because in their bright store it all looks good.

Reolinks look great with enough light, but take away the light and it is ghost/blur city.
ooo..good point. I'll snag a popular brand camera like Reolink. What model ?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI -

Even seen businesses use Blink cameras ..

I think the big one is the smaller sensor Hikvision OEM / Dahua OEM cameras that professionals sell vs the larger sensor ones ..

anotherone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think you'll find that even cheap cameras have decent performance in day light situations, it's low light and back light scenes they will struggle with and perhaps motion even in good lighting.

The trick is to demonstrate that in real time.