What Are The chances Of This Happening ?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
So I had to meet a friend, she was dropping off a laptop for me to work on, we decided to meet at a Fast food place but as she would be visiting her mom and she ended up late on the way back, I had mY 12 yr old daughter with me and got DADDD Im Hungry.. Ok So we stop off at a dunkin Doughnuts and I call my friend to tell her to go there Instead. My friend shows up, we go in, we order, things are moving slow, like 15 mins to get the order. Meanwhile, 2 guys in line with laptops walk in, order and sit next to us, I was looking at the cams in the DD, i had to ask my daughter to try to read what they say, My friend started talking about Cameras and some work I had done in the past, I happen to look over at one of the guys with laptops and notice he had a Hikvision logo on his shirt, At first I thought "Should I ask?? Na.. NOPE I had to ask...lol.
So Turns out he in fact did work for them and he Introduced me to his Co Worker, Sam Belbina, VP of sales for HIK USA. They were in from California and he Invited Myself and My Daughter to a Sales Inter grater setup they were having just down the road,
They gave us Dinner and we got to check out all the new Hik stuff, They had Local, Regional and national Reps. I actually ran into some IT people and a few local security company's I had worked with in the past, I had a great time and a good look at some of Hikvisions USA newer technology. Too much to digest in that short amount of time but the reps were great, explained stuff clearly, with no pressure to buy. Having my kid tugging at my side I could not digest things like I wanted too.

The Solar Power ColorVU was kinda Cool, They told me they a deal with T-mobile for cellular service with it, something like 3 full hours of run time on full battery charge but suggest setting it up for motion and will last a long time. Standalone market is sure growing. I got the correct Run Time from the rep,
CaptureBattery.JPG

hik6.jpg

The Cam on the left in the next pick in the 8mp fixed Pano, looked pretty good on the big screen. DS-2CD2387g2p-LSU/SL <------------WHO Decides on these names??

pano.jpg

Here are a few More pics, Don"t ask me what the models are but the a pano in the middle was about the size of a basketball, I think it was the DS-2CD6984G0-IHS PanoVu, Got a good look at the stitching feature, pretty Impressive.
pano.jpg hik1.jpg

The thermal stuff was up and running and I got to play around a bit with that, we all need that for Fog and snowstorms, They had quite a bit of Intercoms and door cams set up also, My kid thought she hit the jackpot also..LOL stuff.jpg

:DAll in all a pretty good day. The VP of sales told me to e-mail him, he said he might send me something for testing, I will do that for sure, lets see if he does:rolleyes: I would have no problems doing a full review on the Pano or PTZs lol.

Last edited:

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
So I had to meet a friend, she was dropping off a laptop for me to work on, we decided to meet at a Fast food place but as she would be visiting her mom and she ended up late on the way back, I had mY 12 yr old daughter with me and got DADDD Im Hungry.. Ok So we stop off at a dunkin Doughnuts and I call my friend to tell her to go there Instead. My friend shows up, we go in, we order, things are moving slow, like 15 mins to get the order. Meanwhile, 2 guys in line with laptops walk in, order and sit next to us, I was looking at the cams in the DD, i had to ask my daughter to try to read what they say, My friend started talking about Cameras and some work I had done in the past, I happen to look over at one of the guys with laptops and notice he had a Hikvision logo on his shirt, At first I thought "Should I ask?? Na.. NOPE I had to ask...lol.
So Turns out he in fact did work for them and he Introduced me to his Co Worker, Sam Belbina, VP of sales for HIK USA. They were in from California and he Invited Myself and My Daughter to a Sales Inter grater setup they were having just down the road,
They gave us Dinner and we got to check out all the new Hik stuff, They had Local, Regional and national Reps. I actually ran into some IT people and a few local security company's I had worked with in the past, I had a great time and a good look at some of Hikvisions USA newer technology. Too much to digest in that short amount of time but the reps were great, explained stuff clearly, with no pressure to buy. Having my kid tugging at my side I could not digest things like I wanted too.

The Solar Power ColorVU was kinda Cool, They told me they a deal with T-mobile for cellular service with it, something like 3 full hours of run time on full battery charge but suggest setting it up for motion and will last a long time. Standalone market is sure growing. I got the correct Run Time from the rep,
View attachment 136913

View attachment 136184

The Cam on the left in the next pick in the 8mp fixed Pano, looked pretty good on the big screen. DS-2CD2387g2p-LSU/SL <------------WHO Decides on these names??

View attachment 136185

Here are a few More pics, Don"t ask me what the models are but the a pano in the middle was about the size of a basketball, I think it was the DS-2CD6984G0-IHS PanoVu, Got a good look at the stitching feature, pretty Impressive.
View attachment 136186 View attachment 136187

The thermal stuff was up and running and I got to play around a bit with that, we all need that for Fog and snowstorms, They had quite a bit of Intercoms and door cams set up also, My kid thought she hit the jackpot also..LOL View attachment 136188

:DAll in all a pretty good day. The VP of sales told me to e-mail him, he said he might send me something for testing, I will do that for sure, lets see if he does:rolleyes: I would have no problems doing a full review on the Pano or PTZs lol.
So Hikvision USA did keep good on their word, I had a choice of the solar powered remote or the Colorvu pano stitched 8mp DS-2CD2387g2p-LSU/SL, I took the Colorvu and received it This week. I will be testing and reviewing that camera soon.
We will see how that goes, did a bit of playing around tonight, My 12 year old LOVES the voices and sirens and of course, she wants to do some customs warnings with her voice. More to come on this.