What’s better , zones or tripwire

Scotia

n3wb
Reaction score
first post guys .
I have zones set up on my 4 cameras, tbh I find the pretty rubbish. The cameras miss the start of the action then run on for ages before they stop again.
Would using ivs (tripwire) work better? On my iDMSS plus app there isn’t an option to playback tripwire or does that come under motion detected?
I’ve followed a few instructional videos on YouTube on what the settings should be, granted it was lorex cameras .

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
first post guys .
I have zones set up on my 4 cameras, tbh I find the pretty rubbish. The cameras miss the start of the action then run on for ages before they stop again.
Would using ivs (tripwire) work better? On my iDMSS plus app there isn’t an option to playback tripwire or does that come under motion detected?
I’ve followed a few instructional videos on YouTube on what the settings should be, granted it was lorex cameras .
Couple of things:
1) zones, tripwire, IVS or simple motion detection: it all depends on the scenery, the application (are you going to track people, or also want to get annoyances and false alarms by shadows or leaves flying-by). It IS a "tailor-made" timeconsuming process, however there are a couple of tips&tricks to start with: a) with motiondetection, you can create multiple zones, each with their own "sensitivity". Ideal to draw around fences and drive-ways. b) with IVS, the sky is the limit: tripwires (even with direction of crossing), boxes (idem), each configurable with "object min/max" size etc. Which one is the best? My advice: "borrow" a friend/family, let them "run around" and you'll quickly discover what works well in your environment
2) In addition to the previous topic: do install SmartPSS - not only because it IS a great tool to live view, or playback - it actually visualises your IVS rules (in blue when unactivated and in red whilst activated), so you can actually verify, in realtime, if your IVS rules are working or not. That's why you need to "borrow" your friend/family, or you should drag your laptop into your garden :ohsnap:
3) in iDMSS nor gDMSS, you cannot "filter" on the IVS recordings, however when you search in a particular timefram for "all" recordings, you'll see a difference in color during the IVS triggers. I personally use the snapshots, for reviewing the footage I go to SmartPSS as resolution on smartphone is bagger anyway.

Hope this helps you a bit further!
If not: shoot!
CC

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Couple of things:
1) zones, tripwire, IVS or simple motion detection: it all depends on the scenery, the application (are you going to track people, or also want to get annoyances and false alarms by shadows or leaves flying-by). It IS a "tailor-made" timeconsuming process, however there are a couple of tips&tricks to start with: a) with motiondetection, you can create multiple zones, each with their own "sensitivity". Ideal to draw around fences and drive-ways. b) with IVS, the sky is the limit: tripwires (even with direction of crossing), boxes (idem), each configurable with "object min/max" size etc. Which one is the best? My advice: "borrow" a friend/family, let them "run around" and you'll quickly discover what works well in your environment
2) In addition to the previous topic: do install SmartPSS - not only because it IS a great tool to live view, or playback - it actually visualises your IVS rules (in blue when unactivated and in red whilst activated), so you can actually verify, in realtime, if your IVS rules are working or not. That's why you need to "borrow" your friend/family, or you should drag your laptop into your garden :ohsnap:
3) in iDMSS nor gDMSS, you cannot "filter" on the IVS recordings, however when you search in a particular timefram for "all" recordings, you'll see a difference in color during the IVS triggers. I personally use the snapshots, for reviewing the footage I go to SmartPSS as resolution on smartphone is bagger anyway.

Hope this helps you a bit further!
If not: shoot!
CC
Do you still get a color difference in the timeline when IVS is triggered? Which DMSS are you using (iDMSS or gDMSS)?

I used to see orange color flag in the older version iDMSS on motion detect or trips but it not showing up for me anymore in the newer version. I do notice a new filter added to the search "Smart Recording" and it's a yellow flag however I haven't yet see this triggered and I am not sure what it's for. I am thinking it related to the smart recording feature that is buggy in the NVR tab. I see it in my NVR but I haven't gotten time to mess with it because texts in it sometime comes out garbled.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you still get a color difference in the timeline when IVS is triggered? Which DMSS are you using (iDMSS or gDMSS)?

I used to see orange color flag in the older version iDMSS on motion detect or trips but it not showing up for me anymore in the newer version. I do notice a new filter added to the search "Smart Recording" and it's a yellow flag however I haven't yet see this triggered and I am not sure what it's for. I am thinking it related to the smart recording feature that is buggy in the NVR tab. I see it in my NVR but I haven't gotten time to mess with it because texts in it sometime comes out garbled.
Indeed! In my recent update v4.30.001, the "smart recording" (yellowish) flag can be selected. It does place yellow markers in the timeline for my IVS triggered scenes. Motion Detection is the orange flag, however I do not use modect, so it didn't return any results.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Indeed! In my recent update v4.30.001, the "smart recording" (yellowish) flag can be selected. It does place yellow markers in the timeline for my IVS triggered scenes. Motion Detection is the orange flag, however I do not use modect, so it didn't return any results.
Thank you for letting me know. It must be my setting.

I do get notifications alert of IVS and screenshot or playback of the alert but no flags marked in the playback timeline. I may have missed a setting