WESTERN DIGITAL RMA HARD DRIVE YIKES!!!

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I received 2 of the 3 RMA Drives that went bad on a system a few weeks back. You get refurbs as I expected as can be seen on the first picture, The sticker is all black (NO Purple on it) but the markings indicate different. I looked at the back and I was like WTF is this, Not sure what bin they pulled this out of but the mountings screw holes were either filled in or half machined, no way to properly mount this from the bottom up in a nvr.
Needless to say it went back. Gatta watch those guys..Poor quality control.

WD1.jpg WD2.jpg

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I received 2 of the 3 RMA Drives that went bad on a system a few weeks back. You get refurbs as I expected as can be seen on the first picture, The sticker is all black (NO Purple on it) but the markings indicate different. I looked at the back and I was like WTF is this, Not sure what bin they pulled this out of but the mountings screw holes were either filled in or half machined, no way to properly mount this from the bottom up in a nvr.
Needless to say it want back. Gatta watch those guys..Poor quality control.

View attachment 35328 View attachment 35329
That is messed up. Send WD a link to this post.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes I shall do that when I get a chance, I have gotten brand new drives as RMA's before but this time looks like the bottom of the bin.