"We're here to check the air filters .. "

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I run a thing on my doors called door armor. I hope it stands up like that door did, but I'm not gonna test it lol

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
He was running on adrenaline at that point and didn't think about or realize how many shots he fired. Fortunately the neighbors across the hall weren't home.
Yeah, I know. Ideally you'd want to save a few rounds incase they managed to get through the door.
If he'd angled his shots down and varied the angle left to right he probably would have hit the perp, but that could have ended badly with an injured perp unloading on his door.

In the same vane, if the big guy used the little guy's kicking techniques they might have gotten in.

Last edited:

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I think he knew what he was doing when he fired the shots to the right. He knew the neighbour's door was directly across from him. Firing into the stairwell has a lot of unknowns when it comes to ricochets. He fired into a masonry wall which he knew would stop the pistol rounds.

Just my humble opinion.

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think he knew what he was doing when he fired the shots to the right. He knew the neighbour's door was directly across from him. Firing into the stairwell has a lot of unknowns when it comes to ricochets. He fired into a masonry wall which he knew would stop the pistol rounds.

Just my humble opinion.
It's a bit strange that he set up a GoFundMe account right afterwards..."to cover expenses". :wow:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks to me like he was aware of his surroundings. He could have shot straight out and probably hit the guys but chose instead to angle his shots so they hit the wall and not the neighbours door. Good awareness. That said shooting through the door was risky and probably in the case of having doors opposite like that, it would be a good idea to have a bullet proof liner to the door. The only issue then is you can't shoot out unless there's a peep hole for the gun.

Actually wasn't a bad doorbell picture until the perps staring moving and then you could see he managed exposure by running a slow shutter. I'm guessing that was a 1/60th or maybe 1/30th. Certainly not the 1/250th probably needed. That said he got the face shots from before the action started. He'll be very unlucky if those guys aren't traced.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
It's a bit strange that he set up a GoFundMe account right afterwards..."to cover expenses". :wow:
I bet the building management are charging him for the damage to the wall. Probably the cost of filling / rendering and painting.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks to me like he was aware of his surroundings. He could have shot straight out and probably hit the guys but chose instead to angle his shots so they hit the wall and not the neighbours door. Good awareness. That said shooting through the door was risky and probably in the case of having doors opposite like that, it would be a good idea to have a bullet proof liner to the door. The only issue then is you can't shoot out unless there's a peep hole for the gun.
From another interview, it sounded like he tried to shoot from cover, perhaps a doorway in the unit (to the left of the front door). I think this affected his aim more than anything.
It probably was safer to hit the stucco wall than the neighbors door, but hitting the concrete walkway would have been even safer.

Supposedly 2 shots were fired back at his door in addition to the 13 shots the article says he fired.

Last edited: