Well...that was interesting. After upgrading Blue Iris, no images in ALERT column. It was a DB error in the end.

Reaction score
It's that time of year where I move, re-purpose cameras, re-set a bunch of configurations for the camera GUI configuration itself and Blue Iris configurations. I noticed the latest BI update available so I did that. Upon restart, no alert images were visible any longer for the alert tab. For the last 3 hours, I figured out the issue. The only 'group' of cameras that did not show alert images were in the OUTSIDE grouping. Inside and Landscape had alert images. Re-checked all my alert & trigger configs, and ensured all IVS were configured as well in the cameras GUI. Still no go. I tried deleting OUTSIDE group by moving all cameras into the main group. Boom...there goes the alert images for the main group. Hmm...let me do one camera at a time. Whalla... 2 cameras where giving me some gruff. Once I moved a specific camera into any group, all alert images disappeared. Found a second camera that did the same thing. So I moved them all into the OUTSIDE group one more time, did the 'database repair' on Blue Iris and now all things are happy in the world.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, there's some kind of glitch in the 5.6.x.x series with the database. It takes a delete and regenerate to get it going again for some reason. I though it had been corrected, maybe it has and just dropped up again. I've been sticking with 5.5.7.11 and it's been solid as a rock.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Same when I updated to 5.6 yesterday. Saw an error in the log saying corruption detected. Had to rebuild database. Been fine since.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
The good news is that it takes very little time to repair/regenerate compared to earlier versions. I can do a repair now in less than a minute on 8TB of clips.