Well that didnt last very long.. First Bricked Camera ?

AJRGT123

n3wb
Reaction score
DS-2DF82231-AELW

I owned it for about.. 30mins ? Noticed there was a bug with patrol.. Looked it up.. Fixed with Firmware ? GREAT!

Opened IE...Flashed it..

Rebooted.. Nice!... Rebooted again.. Less Nice.. Then after the 10th i knew it was dead. :'(

cant find it with Sapd.. and TFTP

Nothing. Any idea before it become a foot stall ?

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not an expert on camera unbricking, but I believe most IP cams can be attached to a serial terminal where you can see what it is doing while booting up. That is likely the key to any future recovery attempts.

At least, if you aren't able to do anything with it, there may be someone else who is able.

AJRGT123

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not an expert on camera unbricking, but I believe most IP cams can be attached to a serial terminal where you can see what it is doing while booting up. That is likely the key to any future recovery attempts.

At least, if you aren't able to do anything with it, there may be someone else who is able.
Thank you for the idea.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I recently had to unbrick a Netgate 1100 (little pfsense router) via its serial terminal. Its firmware had become corrupted and it was boot looping. But those routers were designed for recovery via this method, and had USB ports and debugging utilities accessible via the terminal, and equally importantly, a written guide explaining how to reflash new firmware this way. IP cameras are not nearly so straightforward.

AJRGT123

n3wb
Reaction score
is that why i cant find the camera ? cause instead of 192.0.0.64 is defaulted to 192.0.1.64 ???