Weird video skipping problem

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have noticed in the recent past a few cases where my BI seems to skip parts of a video recording. Here is an example of what I am talking about:
The first part is me putting a chair back onto our patio, walking right to left. That records perfectly. Then, as I walk left to right, the video pauses and resumes just as I am leaving the field of view on the right.

Here are some details:
Windows 7 x64 i7 4790K
BI version 4.3.x.x, Direct to Disk, New folder on a SSD.
HikVision DS-2CD3332-I 20 FPS, I Frame interval 20 4096 Kbps firmware v5.1.6

Not sure what other information might be relevant, so I can provide it if necessary. I really would like to know what is going on here.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
maybe if you post your 'motion/trigger' and 'record' tabs for your cam, someone can suggest some tweaks...

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The reason I didn't is because I didn't feel there was a setting that would just cause the video to start and stop quickly, and get stuck, and then resume the way it did.

I'm keeping an eye on it now and it has not happened again, so maybe it was just a fluke.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The reason I didn't is because I didn't feel there was a setting that would just cause the video to start and stop quickly, and get stuck, and then resume the way it did.

I'm keeping an eye on it now and it has not happened again, so maybe it was just a fluke.
Set the receive buffer to 20mb in blue iris.

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try that.

Also, there is a checkbox called "Use RTSP/stream timecode" and I have all of mine (4 cameras) checked. I thought I read on here somewhere that it might cause issues? Should I uncheck it?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try that.

Also, there is a checkbox called "Use RTSP/stream timecode" and I have all of mine (4 cameras) checked. I thought I read on here somewhere that it might cause issues? Should I uncheck it?
Leave it checked...it should only be unchecked for specific cameras that have issues. Hikvisions do not have this problem.