weird night image

superpatpat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hello everyone, I have one of my dahua camera which has a problem I think, by day the image is super good but at night since yesterday it is really poor, I include a photo to show, the camera is just around 3 months old ,I also restart and that give nothing but by day the image is correct thank you againImage-1.jpg

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That's typical of a situation that doesn't have enough light. Every camera needs some light to produce a decent video.

What are the setting in the camera for the night profile? Screen captures, using Windows snipping tool, would help us see what is going on. Exposure, gain and so on are critical and can take some tweaking to get them right. Leaving everything in "auto" rarely works for night time video.

superpatpat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is a photo of here a few days, I have had the camera for 3 months and first of all was correct and I have not touched anything and left in car since the beginning, I do not think that it is an adjustment by what before yesterday everything was finearriere.JPG

superpatpat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello again, thank you all for the solutions and sorry for my English translator, the photo is live, and as I said above it worked very well this week, ;-)and this is my backyard it has no light at night completely dark so go walking otherwise we could not see anything I think

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
During the day, put your hand over the front of the camera for several seconds and see if you hear it click. Looks like the filter got stuck. And then tonight if it still looks bad, see if you see the red glow of the infrared.

superpatpat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok I did the test and placed a black cloth to do as night, I do not expect the noise because there is noise outside but I see in the application that the LEDs are on I will look tonight and I come back to you

Reaction score
my bet is IR cut filter is stuck. Happened on one of my 5231's. I took mine down, tapped with my knuckles, plugged directly into switch with 3 foot patch cord, still IR filter stuck. I then tapped LIGHTLY with rubber mallet (could of used soft grip end of a screwdriver too) and that fixed it.

superpatpat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok it is noted, I will have to test later because here in Quebec a lot of snow still and camera is not accessible since it is still high, but if IR works it should not be blocked?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No - the IR can still come on but the filter be stuck. So in your instance you know that the IR works and that part isn't the issue.

superpatpat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
but do you find that the image is not correct ?, sorry not to get used to the world of cameras too much lol

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your first image looked bad and we concluded it was a stuck filter. Your new image from tonight looks good because the filter got unstuck and is working now...