Web UI constantly logging out if the browser tab is not selected

acoolov

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My web ui is constantly logging out after a few minutes if the camera tab in the browser is not the one selected. This is so extremely annoying!
The time out is set to 0 in the UI settings, but that seems to only work for when the browser tab is selected.
Once I don't look at the camera tab for a little bit, it logs me out.

How can I disable this auto log out crap?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW, I open another instance of my Chromium-based Brave browser and it won't time out when set to O; but like yours it will time out if I open UI3 with a tab and then not have that tab selected.

When I open that additional instance of Brave it won't time out even if it's minimized or hidden ( another tab or another instance selected instead).

Will that work for you?

acoolov

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you mean it doesn't time out when the only tab open is the UI3 page? And when you have multiple tabs and one of them is UI3 it times out? Just wanted to clarify I understood you correctly.

acoolov

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Correct, looks like it is not timing out when the UI3 browser is in its separate instance. Will there be a fix for this anytime soon from BI?

acoolov

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Actually I think it's still logging me out. It just goes back to the log in screen, that's it. I need to reenter my user name and password. Happens to multiple NVR instances, not just one.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
UI3 sends a status request to the server every 45 seconds when it is on a "background" tab. Sessions expire after 60 seconds of inactivity. So it shouldn't be dying like that unless you have something preventing the background request. If your machine is running on a battery, power saving features might cause this (e.g. cell phone browser).

If you have UI3 remember your credentials I believe it should log you back in seamlessly without going to the login page.