Weather data source

MickPB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The weather data add on looks interesting. Can I use my own weather station data to feed the overlay? I want hyper local weather. Also- would it be possible to add other custom sensors as well?

TIA

MickPB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I found the help files - I see Weather Underground. I assume then if I publish to WU then I can use my data but could I kinda like my data staying here as a matter of principal (not really bent of weather data though) but could I use the Tools to connect to the Weather Underground feed from the station and provide it to the BI Tools Overlay and possible inject other sensor data as well?

TIA (again)

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yes, if you have your own PWS and it's uploading data to WU, you can pull that weather data through BIT and use it as overlays. You can also inject almost any other data into an overlay as long as that data is stored in a local text file that BIT/BI can access.

MickPB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Could I also store that data in a format that I can publish via a webserver? If there is a project or some examples that I can look at that would be great.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
If you can put all of the data on the display BI can do a screen capture as a camera.
You just have to add a camera, other, then select screen capture. It's won't be an overlay,
but will at least get the data saved along with your other video.
You could probably use one frame a minute or less rate.

I used it to record a web site with several cameras, worked well to get the over view.