Way to geofence blue iris and turn off cameras for 15 minutes after arriving home?

Nick3399

n3wb
Reaction score
hi all,

I have a dog so I get constant false alarms when I get home and then take my dog out (3 false alarms) I am trying to see if there is some sort of way to geofence blue iris and turn off cameras/alarms/alerts for 15 minutes that my phone arrives home so I have time to get home and take my dog out without triggering.

I am also trying to think of a way to do this for 15 minutes before I leave as it constantly changes in the morning.

Any ideas would be very helpful!

Also I am new to the software still so please be descriptive :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hi all,

I have a dog so I get constant false alarms when I get home and then take my dog out (3 false alarms) I am trying to see if there is some sort of way to geofence blue iris and turn off cameras/alarms/alerts for 15 minutes that my phone arrives home so I have time to get home and take my dog out without triggering.

I am also trying to think of a way to do this for 15 minutes before I leave as it constantly changes in the morning.

Any ideas would be very helpful!

Also I am new to the software still so please be descriptive :)
Blue iris cannot predict your future actions or read your mind.
Set geofence to a trigger a profile that is set to record only and not alerts. Set it to TEMP, and in the profile tab of blue iris option set the temp time of that profile for 15 minuets...
before leaving you will have to manually change the profile to avoid triggering alerts.

Nick3399

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for that! I think I got it (I just turned the traffic light to red during that profile in geofence settings)

One other question... if my phone is home and it is daytime, I do not want notifications, I still would like triggers, just no push notifications... how would I do this?

So basically rules would be:

1) stop trigger events & alerts 15 minutes after arriving home
2) if home and daytime, set trigger events and no alerts
3) if home and night, set trigger events and alerts
4) if not home, set trigger events and alerts

Kind of confused as some of these profiles overlap :/

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Turning off the traffic signal could disable the video recording depending on the settings. . it will also not automatically revert back after 15 minutes that is why you need to do it in the profiles... Watch the video tutorials..