watching recorded playback from BI problems

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

I currently have a server with an i5 2500k cpu running BI with 3x1080p hikvision cameras and 2x720p foscam cameras. The CPU usage is quite high so I turned on direct to disc recording which helped a lot. However, whenever I try to view the playback via BI the recording is now showing ghost images and the whole screen goes black maybe every other frame. This only happens on the 1080p cameras. Is this a bandwidth problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I currently have a server with an i5 2500k cpu running BI with 3x1080p hikvision cameras and 2x720p foscam cameras. The CPU usage is quite high so I turned on direct to disc recording which helped a lot. However, whenever I try to view the playback via BI the recording is now showing ghost images and the whole screen goes black maybe every other frame. This only happens on the 1080p cameras. Is this a bandwidth problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks.
what version of blue iris are you running?

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
what version of blue iris are you running?
The latest as of yesterday. My BI server has been running between 70-99% CPU for awhile. Usually it's around 80% but as soon as I have two users connected remotely viewing via the iOS BI app the usage jumps to 99%. So while I was switching it to direct to disc recording yesterday I updated BI. Now with the direct to disc recording on the CPU usage is between 25-60%.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The latest as of yesterday. My BI server has been running between 70-99% CPU for awhile. Usually it's around 80% but as soon as I have two users connected remotely viewing via the iOS BI app the usage jumps to 99%. So while I was switching it to direct to disc recording yesterday I updated BI. Now with the direct to disc recording on the CPU usage is between 25-60%.
in your cameras, set the iframe interval to match your fps.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Cool, I've had that problem intermittently before and never found a solution. Next time I will remember to increase the receive buffer.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Cool, I've had that problem intermittently before and never found a solution. Next time I will remember to increase the receive buffer.
are there any negatives to increasing buffer, or could I just make them all large

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have changed all 6 of my cameras without any negative side effects.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You just increase memory usage a bit, but usually you have lots of memory to spare so no big deal.