Was messing with hik connect android app tring to change my ip now I have no cameras

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok so why would both my bullet cameras disappear off the network and not come back can not see them on SADP either im lost what to do have also tried a ap reset on one of them still nothing..

I am completely baffled why there is not an ip anywhere to be seen on my cameras anymore.

I have two cameras front back I was trying to change local ip to and outside reachable ip for when I am away from home as I was doing this in hik-connect

The app was asking me to put in a password in to change the ip which kept refusing anyway I gave up came back to it but that is when I noticed there was no cameras anymore im so frustrated I dont understand whats happened..

I have held the ap reset on one of them while poe is out and then on for 10 sec each way its seems to reboot because I can hear the ir come on and see the lights when holding my hand over the front.

Last edited:

Whoaru99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you've been messing with IPs then it would seem the most likely thing is a mismatch between the cam IPs and the network subnet and or viewer settings you have.

I don't know the Hik equivalent of the Dahua ConfigTool, but for me that would be the approach. Use the config tool to scan for the IPs and go from there.

Or, since it sounds like you did reset, then check at the default IP. Probably with just one cam connected in case they both ended up with the same IP.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Or, since it sounds like you did reset, then check at the default IP. Probably with just one cam connected in case they both ended up with the same IP.
That's a good point. If both truly reset and both are plugged in at the same time, both are trying to use the default IP address which is a problem. @ANTH040, if you haven't already, try unplugging one camera, work on getting the other one online (and changing its IP address) before plugging the other camera back in.

Also, after you get them back online, can you explain more about "I was trying to change local ip to and outside reachable ip for when I am away from home as I was doing this in hik-connect"? Most home Internet providers only give customers a single public (outside reachable) IP address. To make the cameras viewable when you're not home, the usual methods are to setup a VPN so you can connect securely to your home network, or to use Hik-Connect P2P service, or port-forwarding. Note that port-forwarding is the most risky because it gives anyone on the Internet the ability to connect and try to login to your cameras, as well as try and run exploits to break into them). Also note that trying to assign your cameras a public IP address (outside reachable) is just as risky as port-forwarding.

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So your right it looks like I have put my ip into both the cameras ipv4 config instead of the app I didn't even think this was possible to do it that's probably why it was asking for the password!!

I have managed to get the one that I did not reset back online by turning the router on and off i managed to see it long enough to change it back to its lan ip.

So the one I reset does that change the ip back to default if so why can't I see this one with the config tool.

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok managed to find the one that was reset I have symantec endpoint installed and it decided it wanted to block the reset one!!!! 4-5 hours of messing around and it looks like its good but my head is not thanks for both your help