Wansview NCM751GA(W1) in BI

danpolo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
its my first thread here and I would like to say thanks for the tons of informations I already got here so far. Unfortunately I didnt find a solution regarding my problem and I hope you can help me here.

I am currently building a system of IP cams (6 so far, up to 16 is planned) and I am new to Blue Iris. So far I set up already 5 of my cams (all Axis) but the one I mentioned in the topic isnt working yet.

When I select the Wansview NCM/GA models in BI (Path "/live/ch0"), I just dont get a signal. When I use the Find/Inspect tool, BI finds the RTSP port (Path "/")and I get the Error RTSP: 415 Unsupported Media Type.
When I use VLC (rtsp://-IP-/live/ch0) I get a Picture.

I already checked the login/pw multiple times in BI, they are correct. RTSP Port is also 554, like in VLC.

I really hope you guys can help me. If you need any extra informations, just ask.

Thank you,
Daniel

P.S. Sorry for my english, I'm not a native speaker

djmt99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't have that particular Wansview camera, but I do have a few of their PTZ's.

Are you able to access the web interface of each camera via it's IP and login?

If you've changed the port, you may want to add that to the http:// address in your camera config in BI

My particular model isn't listed under models, but the NCM GA/GB/630W RTSP works great for me. /live/ch0 as well.

That's about all I can offer from my vantage.

sdbyrd

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you ever figure out what was causing this 415 unsupported media type for these cameras?

danpolo

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately not... I returned the camera and got me a bunch of hikvision cams. best decision ever.