Wall mounts for Dahua turrets: PFB 203/4/5 Are they downward compatible?

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I assume they are sized so that the wall mount has the size of the turret diameter. So I assume the 203 is bigger than the 204 etc.
I would like to know if the screw holes are all the same, so that you can use the 203 for all dahua turrets.
Edit:
205 shares one ring with 204 and one with 205. 204 and 205 are mutually different.
The 205 shares one ring with the 203 at 84mm diameter.
The 205 shares one ring with the 204 at 68.5 mm diameter.
205 is the most compatible of the three (as far as screw holes are concerned) and also the widest.

As I do not yet own a 205, I can't tell if a fitting mounting screw ring diameter automatically meant the cam will fit.

If I buy all wall mounts as 203, I should be able to mount all current turrest from Andy/Dahua?

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't think that the screw patterns are the same. I think that's the difference between them. I couldn't tell you which works with what offhand but I know that two older versions of that mount, whatever number it is, didn't really work with some of my cameras. e.g., I ended up only able to use two of the holes with the cam offset slightly. Which"worked" but not really as intended.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is basically different hole pattern configurations between cameras plate mounts. Just as Flintstone61 suggested, if specific mount is not available, I usually “tap and drill bit” new holes for the included M4 screws (3).

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Spec sheets for all of 'em are avail on their website
OK, I did check the specs and it seems that by sheer luck, I hit one of the two shared mount rings. (Or most cameras use these)
The 205 shares one ring with the 203 at 84mm diameter.
The 205 shares one ring with the 204 at 68.5 mm diameter.
And that is it.
The 205 is actually slightly wider than the 203. So maybe the 205 could hold the most models if one is willing to accept that it is slightly bigger on top than the cam.
Good news is, it seems they all use the same wall holder.
I edited the initial posting with my findings.

Last edited: