Wall mounting Turret and Mini-Dome cameras outside

jsan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've installed all of my cameras, but one. I have installed Mini-dome cameras inside and outside. Inside they are ceiling mounted and the one on the patio is wall mounted. The patio wall mounted camera has a little roof on it, but still exposed to the rain and snow from the sides.

Now the main camera that I am installing outside my garage looking out to the driveway and the street is a turret camera. There is no roof or anything on top of this camera, and it will be vertically mounted on the wall. My question is, how well would it work in rain and snow. Normally Bullet cams are installed on the walls and they have a little visor and I don't know if that visor helps at all in the rain or snow, but this turret camera doesn't even have that.

So guys who have had experience with this, how well does it work? Would the lens need to be wiped after the rain or snow? This is my first time installing a turret or any camera in the house, so I haven't had any experience yet with different types of cameras.

I went with the turret as it is a little more covert than a bullet camera and IMO it looks better.

Thanks fellas

jsan

n3wb
Reaction score
So I mounted it outside, I'll try to update here in the future, when it has seen different types of weather.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a turret cam mounted covering my driveway and street and it does well in the rain and snow. If the wind is blowing hard enough the rain does hit the lense. If you are worried, try rain-x.