vto2311r-wp doorbell camera to external alarm

bassdaze

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the vto2311r-wp doorbell camera and it is monitored via BI5 using POE. The camera and video quality are really good. I tried using the "notification push" feature of BI5 to send the notification to selected iphones. The notification works as advertised but it takes several seconds for it to be received by an iPhone/iPad. I bought an external alarm hardware device which only needs an open/close (off/on) 2 wire connection. Looking at the pin labels on the vto alarm port, it appears to have connections to facilitate this...
Has anyone tried this kind setup or similar?

bassdaze

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the vto2311r-wp doorbell camera and it is monitored via BI5 using POE. The camera and video quality are really good. I tried using the "notification push" feature of BI5 to send the notification to selected iphones. The notification works as advertised but it takes several seconds for it to be received by an iPhone/iPad. I bought an external alarm hardware device which only needs an open/close (off/on) 2 wire connection. Looking at the pin labels on the vto alarm port, it appears to have connections to facilitate this...
Has anyone tried this kind setup or similar?
Looks like this has already been covered here: VTO2231R-WP and a mechanical chime
by sebastiantombs

I'll post a response when/if I get it working!
thanks

elvisimprsntr

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't think this will be a solution for your situation, but I installed an adjustable self powered AC current sense relay through the doorbell transformer common wire. My video doorbells are connected to a conventional mechanical chime. When the doorbell is pressed, the spike in current draw from a combination of the video doorbell and the mechanical chime will trigger the relay to close. The relay is wired to an alarm panel input zone, which I use to trigger a MMS message and turn on exterior lights. I did not need to modify the video doorbells or the transformer (which might void the warranty) and complies with NEC. Works reliably well.

IMG_1199.jpegIMG_1401.jpeg

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The notification works as advertised but it takes several seconds for it to be received by an iPhone/iPad.
Does the delay seem to be caused by BI or does it seem to be caused by the time it takes to reach the iPhone after leaving BI ?

I ask because Pushover ($5 one time fee) takes about only about 2 to 3 seconds.