VTH1550CH - firmware V1.000 of 2015 how to flash / upgrade firmware

GSV

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I posted this under hardware - doorbell while my previous posts were under hardware - IPcamera, as this relates now to the indoor monitor part of my doorbell system ..

I have this Dahua indoor monitor DHI-VTH1550CH in a simple constellation with a outdoor doorbell VTO2000a-VTOB108 connected via the VTNS1060A POE switch.
The VTO is upgraded (finally) to V4.3 and works fine with my phone as monitor.

The VTH was never updated and is still on V1.000.000 of 2015 .. and It does not seem to connect to the VTO.
I am advised, to bring it up to the latest release of its firmware as explained here in the wiki DahuaWiki

I believe the config tool can not be used (which port ?) , the VTH does not have a userid either, and there is no webservice ..

Is there any full user guide for dummies to fix this .. or will i have to go down the road of trial and error .. ?
I read my fair share of bricking/unbricking Dahua products on different fora .. and I i read entirely the 2 page F.. Manual, it does not seem to done ever ..

Many thanks in advance for your advice

grreetz

GSV

n3wb
Reaction score
Kobebeef,
thanks for your help .. but I would need some more guidance.

I brought my devices to an official dahua reseller but 2 months later he tells me that he can not help me ..

I still want to upgrade the VTH1550 and when I manually add the device in the tool, I get the message :
"device program is low. Please upgrade or enable [configtool] compatibility mode"

In the mean time I figured out that the userid and password of the VTH is admin/admin. Doing a batch search it does not turn up in the list, after a manual add, I receive the message device needs to be upgraded .. which is my ultimate goal.

A search for Configtool - compatibility mode does not help me further ..

Thanks in advance for help ..

constellation
VTO2000A - software version 2019-07-08 v4.300.10BE000.0.R
mcu 2014-06-13 - sec baseline v1.3
VTH1550ch - software V1.000.000 of 2015

and pointing me out to this version of the config tool. I have version 1, 2 and 3 and was convinced that a product with an EOL in 2019, could not be helped with a config tool of 2022 ..

Now that i figured out that

GSV

n3wb
Reaction score
-- UPDATE --

I managed the have my VTH (type unknown) finally in the device upgrade window.

I accidentilly found out that in the device upgrade tab of the config tool there is down poiting arrow that hides the menu settings , where there is a compatibiliy mode .. but halfway the upgrade to General_VTH151X_Eng_P_V4.000.0000.0.R.20180622.bin
it got stuck and in the end the update failed ..

anyone ?