Vivotek FD816BA-HT on Alibi (Hikvision?) Dvr

Tripp

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to get a new Vivotek FD816BA-HT working on an Alibi (Hikvision?) ALI-QVR4016H DVR. When I add the camera from the on-board console, I get the message "Resolution or bitrate has reached the limit". When I do it through the web interface, it simply says "Offline". There is a general message that the bottom of the screen. I didn't make a note of exactly what it says but I think it was "Max available network is 128 Kbs".

I've tried lowering the resolution and bitrate on all 4 streams to very low settings (176x144 - 64 Kbs). The DVR still doesn't show the camera.

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting this camera added to the system?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How many other cams do you have connected? what type of cams?

Tripp

n3wb
Reaction score
I currently have 13 other cameras that are a mix of analog and HD-TVI.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
try disconnecting some of those and see if it helps. Also try lowering the cameras bitrate.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The specifications indicate a maximum of 2 IP cameras totalling 4MP.
Are you trying to connect 4 IP cameras?
*edit*
Excerpt
comes with an IP camera finder tool that allows you to find, configure, and connect to two compatible IP cameras—up to 4MP—to add to the configuration or replace two analogs for crisp, high-quality images.

Tripp

n3wb
Reaction score
try disconnecting some of those and see if it helps. Also try lowering the cameras bitrate.
I won't have a chance to get back over there for a few days but I've taken the bitrate down to it's lowest setting of 20 Kbps with no success.

Tripp

n3wb
Reaction score
I've bottomed out all resolution, FPS, and bit rate settings. I disconnected all the other cameras. I continue to get "Resolution or bitrate has reached the limit".

Tripp

n3wb
Reaction score
Presumably they are still configured?
Maybe it aggregates on the configured values, not the running values.
I'm just guessing though.
Because the rest are just analog and HD-TVI cameras, there isn't any configuration where they are added or adopted by the NVR like with IP cameras. Once you disconnect the channels, it is reflected in the channel setup.